Hello! carrot cake fan and a pancake lover, we might have just created your all-time favorite recipe. Featuring warming spices like nutmeg, cloves and ginger and a coconut-cream cheese frosting flavored with maple syrup and cinnamon, this breakfast is as comforting as it gets.
We used whole-wheat flour instead of all-white flour for the batter, which means added dietary fiber. The addition of unsweetened apple sauce gave the pancakes a better moistness which also contains fiber as well as vitamin C.
It contains 209 K cal and 11 g of sugar per pancake, you would be wise to save this breakfast as an occasional special treat. These Carrot cake pancakes with coconut-cream cheese frosting recipe gets its sweetness from natural ingredients, including maple syrup, raisins and carrots, so don’t stress about indulging in these pancakes every so often if you’re craving a cozy morning.
Have in mind that, these homemade pancakes are healthier for you than the processed sweets you’ll find at a breakfast chain. For reference, a cinnabon classic roll has 58 grams of sugar per serving, and a Coffee Cake Muffin from Dunkin’ Donuts has 51 grams. You do the math.
Prep Time: 05 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 35 mins
- 1 1/2 cups Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 2 cups Grated Carrots
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 large whole egg
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg (Ground)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Cloves, Ground
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups Coconut Milk
Steps To Make Carrot Cake Pancakes With Coconut-Cream Cheese Frosting
- In a bowl, mix whole wheat pastry flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ground cloves and ground ginger. Bring another separate bowl, whisk eggs, 1 tsp. of vanilla extract, apple sauce and coconut milk. Then pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix. Add grated carrots and raisins and fold in.
- Then in a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of coconut oil on medium low heat and scoop out two 1/2 cup of batter. Pour onto skillet to make two pancakes. And cook until bubbles form (about 2-3 minutes) and flip with spatula to cook for another 2-3 minutes. Repeat again with remaining batter.
- For the OPTIONAL coconut-cream cheese frosting: In a medium bowl, beat together 8 ounces cream cheese, 4 tablespoons maple syrup, 1 tsp. of vanilla extract and cinnamon (to taste) until the mixture is smooth and whipped. Top your pancakes with the frosting if you’re feeling indulgent.