No holiday treat servings would be complete without gingerbread men cookies, it’s healthy and nutritious recipe I’m happy to share with you. Off all the baking recipe for kids, baking gingerbread men is sure to delight them couple with the fact that It’s very easy to make. Allow them to help roll out the dough, press out the shapes and after baking they can have fun decorating!
Prep Time: 45 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
Serves: 15 – 20 people
- 300 g ( 11oz) plain flour
- 60 g (2oz) dark brown sugar
- 60 g (2oz) butter
- 90 ml (3floz) golden syrup
- 2 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon of mixed spice
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoon bicarbonate soda dissolved in water
Steps To Make Gingerbread Men Recipe
- Sieve the flour, ginger and mixed spice into large bowl.
- Melt your butter, golden syrup and sugar together on a low heat.
- Make a well in the flour mix and add the melted sugar,syrup,butter plus a whisked egg yolk and the bicarbonate of soda.
- Roll your sleeves up and get kneading the mix until it forms up into a soft dough.
- Wrap in cling film and allow to rest at room temperature of half an hour.
- Heat your oven to 180 degree C.
- Dust your work surface with flour and roll out the dough to a depth of 5mm.
- Press out your gingerbread men with a cutter and bake them for 15 minutes. NOTE: Gingerbread expands when baked so leave plenty of space between your gingerbread men.
- To decorate,when the cookies are completely cool. Pipe on a face and buttons with some royal icing.
- To store allow icing to set for about 1 hr and store in an air tight container.
1 cookie: 78 K cal, 2 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 64 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate (7 g sugars, 0 fiber), 1 g protein.