Have you ever wondered why so many people use Ginger and Turmeric while cooking? I was wondering too until i find my mum little health book. So i will be giving you some mouth-watering tips on the health benefit of ginger and turmeric.
Ginger and Turmeric are two powerful spices that have been widely used for both culinary and health purposes. Both ginger and turmeric have powerful anti-inflammatory properties that help relieve pain. The medical properties of ginger and turmeric can boost your health and help treat a wide range of health issues. seasoning your food is the easiest way to stick to healthy diet. Not only will spices add plenty of flavor, but they’re naturally very low in calories and fat.
In this article you will learn more about the health benefit of ginger and turmeric and at the end i will be dropping some ginger and turmeric recipes to try at home.
The Health Benefits Of Ginger and Turmeric
- Antioxidants: Antioxidants are microscopic molecular army, when they detect the presence of reactive compounds called free radicals that age your cell and contributes to cancer, they neutralize the compounds to fight cellular damage. Ginger and Turmeric contains powerful antioxidant compounds (Curcumin for turmeric and gingerol for ginger) that benefits your health.
- Anti-Inflammatory: Inflammation plays a vital role in the body’s immune system. However many lifestyle choices increase chronic inflammation in the body and can lead to various diseases. According to John Hopkins Health Review, chronic inflammation is behind many diseases like cancer, heart diseases, diabetes, arthritis and possibly depression. Ginger and Turmeric have powerful anti-inflammatory properties, so they play a vital role in keeping your body Healthy. The anti-inflammatory properties of ginger and turmeric have been well researched and documented. Using the herbs together or separately can help you reduce inflammation and relieve pain in your body. Among some of these are joint swelling, indigestion, irritable bowel syndrome and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Helps Digestion: The combination of ginger and turmeric can help to relieve many digestion issues. Ginger has a positive effect on your gastrointestinal system and can help food pass through the intestine easier. It reduces inflammation in the digestive tract and can prevent and treat indigestion. Ginger and Turmeric helps to prevent nausea and vomiting due to its power to soothe the intestines. They also helps to reduce abdominal pain, stomach cramping, and other symptoms of gastric distress.
- Promotes Cardiovascular Health: The effect of turmeric and ginger tea can benefit cardiovascular health. The antioxidants it provides helps to neutralize free radicals, which can cause damage to the arterial walls. It can alleviate inflammation of the blood vessels, allowing for better circulation. The tea can also be used to help regulate the cholesterol levels in the bloodstream, reducing the risk of plaque buildup in the arteries that could otherwise lead to heart diseases.
- Fights Infection And Improves Skin Quality: The Journal of Microbiology and Antimicrobials compared ginger’s antibacterial ability with that of common antibiotics. It was found that ginger had more power to kill staphylococcus aureus and streptococcus pyogenes than conventional drugs. Turmeric on the other hand has been used as a traditional remedy for skin conditions for years. It’s antibacterial properties make it helpful for acne and the anti inflammatory properties ease redness and irritation.
Turmeric And Ginger Tea Recipes
It is very easy to make your own ginger turmeric tea to start enjoying all it’s health benefits and give your health a well needed boost. If you want to make a simple quick cup of turmeric ginger tea, this is what you should do.
- 2 teaspoons of ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of grated ginger
- Honey and a slice of lemon to taste.
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper(to aid turmeric absorption).
you can add milk to make it creamy
- In a small saucepan , bring a cup of water to the boil. Turn of the heat and add the ginger and turmeric.
- Steep with the lid on for 5 minutes (covering the lid prevents the oils and medicinal compounds escaping through the steam).
- Strain the tea remedy and add some honey when the tea has cooled down (as excessive heat will destroy the benefits of honey).
- Then add the black pepper and very well.
Drink a cup everyday to reduce inflammation.
You can always use the comment section below to tell us how you feel.