You can buy vegetable broth in the store but I promise you its cheaper and economical to make. This recipe makes about 6 cups of vegetable broth. Ever since I got this recipe from my mum’s cookbook a few years ago, I’m just stock with it. It always works in making every soup you have made taste so much better.
This Homemade vegetable broth recipe is delicious, it takes less than an hour to make, it’s cheaper than store-bought. it helps you save money because most of the ingredients you use come from your scrapped vegetables. Suitable for soup, stews, chili to mention but few. If you ever decide to try it let me see what you think in the comment section. I hope you will be so glad to make it because I’m always glad about making it too.
You can also try Homemade Pizza Sauce Recipe.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
Total Time: 55 mins
Yield: 6 cups
What You Need
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 3 chopped carrots
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 4 ribs roughly chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 8 cups of water
- 3 dried bay leaves
- A few sprigs of parsley and thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
How To Make Homemade Vegetable Broth Recipe
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large dutch oven or stockpot.
- Then add onions, garlic, celery, and carrots. Cook for about 5 mins, stirring often.
- Thirdly add your tomato paste and cook for 1 more minute.
- Now, add water, parsley, bay leaves, and thyme. Allow to boil and then reduce heat to low and simmer, covering partially for 45 mins.
- Sieve or strain the vegetable into a large pot or a heat-proof bowl.
- You can use the vegetable broth immediately or let it cool down. Transfer it to the fridge once it’s cooled.
- You can store it in the freezer for up to 4 to 6 months.