This lemon herb rice is an evidence that simple ingredients can create unbelievable flavor. This rice is spiced with lemon juice and dried herbs, it’s a simple side dish that can be cooked in little time.
This lemon herb rice is a different way to spice up your regular rice with a few ingredients. It goes well with cucumber salad, greek yogurt chicken, and baked turkey meatballs.
Keep reading to know how I made this tasty Lemon herb rice.
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cooking Time: 20 mins
Number of Servings: 4
- 1 cup basmati rice, rinsed
- 2 cups stock
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 lemon, zested
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1\2 lemon, juiced
How To Make Lemon Herb Rice
- In a pot, mix the basmati rice, lemon zest, salt, coconut oil, dried basil, dried oregano, and stock.
Cover and let it boil; decrease the heat and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- Take it off the heat and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and stir well.
- Serve warm.
- You can use other kinds of rice for this recipe. Rice like jasmine or American long-grain rice and long grain brown rice. Adjust the water if necessary, it might also change the cooking time.
- I suggest pure coconut oil as it does not have a strong coconut flavor; you can also swap it with butter.
- You can use chicken or vegetable stock for extra flavor; water works fine too.
What Can I Serve With Lemon Herb Rice
You can serve this lemon herb rice with greek yogurt chicken cucumber salad, baked turkey meatballs, and lots more.
Serving: 1/4 of batch | Calories: 207kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 618mg | Potassium: 53mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 250IU | Vitamin C: 1.9mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 0.8mg
To get more recipes like this, follow our Facebook @Mumedibbles or subscribe to our newsletter.
Feel free to use the comment section below if you have any contributions to make. Thank you!