This Ninja Foodi Vegan Lasagna soup recipe is packed with veggies. Not only is this recipe healthy but totally immune boosting too and on the table in 30 minutes! I highly enjoy eating this soup with gingerbread or my homemade banana bread.
Vegan Lasagna Soup isn’t the quickest recipe to prepare and it’s not the shortest list of ingredients either, but every step is super easy and is totally worth the effort.
Prep Time: 10 mins // Cook Time: 20 mins
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/2 (0.5) onion chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 cup (149 g) veggies – a combination of peppers, carrots, zucchini
- 1/4 cup (48 g) red lentils (uncooked) – quick-cooking red lentils (split ones) also called masoor dal
- 1 cup (9.24 oz.) tomato puree (or use any thick tomato sauce such as marinara, pasta sauce or passata)
- 1 to 1.5 cup (5.26 oz.) diced tomato
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning (1 tsp basil and 1/2 tsp oregano, parsley, generous dash of thyme/sage and rosemary)
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) each onion powder, garlic powder
- 1/2 to 3/4 tsp salt (depends on if there is salt in the tomatoes or other seasonings, I use 3/4 tsp with)
- 2 cups (470 ml) water or veggie broth (2.5 to 3 cups for soupier or if using whole-grain noodles or with more veggies)
- 5 oz. (5 to 6 oz.) lasagna sheets, broken into small pieces, or use pasta of choice (I use no-boil as they work out the best)
- Dash of black and white pepper
- Pepper flakes to taste, I use about 1/3 tsp
- 1 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 cup (30 g) packed spinach, optional
- Vegan pesto, vegan ricotta or mozzarella, vegan butter/ garlic bread to serve optional
- A tbsp. tomato paste, lemon, fennel seeds (optional add-ins)
How To Make Vegan Lasagna Soup Recipe
1. Heat oil Foodi on sauté mode. Once hot, add garlic, onion, and a pinch of salt. Cook for 2 mins while stirring occasionally.
2. Add veggies and mix in. Put red lentils, tomato, salt, seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder and mix in. Add a tbsp. of tomato paste for additional tomato flavor (optional). Add lasagna sheets and water and mix them in. (make sure to use small pieces and mix them in properly else they tend to stick)
3. Close lid and pressure cook on HIGH for about 3 mins. Let the pressure release for 10 minutes, then if there is still pressure in the pot, manually release carefully before opening.
4. Mix black pepper, pepper flakes, and nutritional yeast. Taste it and adjust salt and flavor (Italian herbs, onion/garlic powder). Add extra salt, broth, tang(lemon) if needed to balance.
5. If using spinach, fold it in and let sit for 1 minute.
6. Then serve with pesto/basil and/or vegan ricotta/mozzarella, and garlic bread. To get more lasagna-like flavor you definitely need to add some vegan cheese. You can fold in some into the soup while still hot and use more for garnish.
Nutritional Value: 1 of 3 serves. It does not include toppings.
Calories 327 Calories from Fat 27
Total Fat 3g 5%, Sodium 440mg 18%, Potassium 1063mg 30%, Total Carbohydrates 61g 20%, Dietary Fiber 11g 44%, Sugars 9g, Protein 14.5g 29%, Vitamin A 31.6%, Vitamin C 36.6%, Calcium 11.2%, Iron 29.1%