This Lemon-Garlic Sardine Pasta can serve as a lunch or dinner option. If you want a simple dinner dish or just a simple lunch dish in general, then look no further. Once this recipe is tried, it could become a family preference, as it really is amazingly quick and easy to make.
Sardines are a great source of protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and essential oils. Let them glow in this quick and easy spaghetti dish.
If you want to know how I made it, then keep reading.
Prep Time: 15 mins | Cooking Time: 20 mins
Number of Servings: 4
- 14 ounces dried linguine pasta
- 2 teaspoons chili flakes
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons baby kale
- 2 (4 ounce) cans boneless sardine fillets, drained
- 1 tablespoon flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
How To Make Lemon-Garlic Sardine Pasta
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. strain, but keep back 2 tablespoons of the pasta cooking water. Throw the pasta in the pan you cooked it in with the pasta cooking water and the olive oil.
- Prepare the sauce while the pasta is cooking. Heat the remaining olive oil in a large frying pan make it hot but not smoking.
- Put the shallot and simmer for 1 minute, then add the chili flakes and stir to combine. Reduce the heat and add the minced garlic. Mix well and cook for one minute. Stir continuously to avoid burning.
- Add the sardines to the pan and mix very nicely and carefully to avoid the sardine from breaking apart too much. Lastly, add the lemon zest and mix again.
- Put the cooked linguine into a serving bowl, stir in the sardine sauce, baby kale, and parsley (the temperature of the pasta and the sauce will be suitable to cook the leaves).
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle some lemon juice and serve immediately.
Leave a comment below If you have any contribution to make. You can also follow our Facebook @Mumedibbles or subscribe to our newsletter to get awesome recipes.