Chicken Tikka Masala is an Indian fast food, it needs a few simple ingredients and most of them are pantry staples, this meal can be tossed together in no time and it tastes amazing.
The chicken is marinated in spices and yogurt and then baked in a rich masala sauce. The masala sauce is a rich tomato sauce.
If you love this Chicken Tikka Masala, then keep reading to know how I made it.
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cooking Time: 25 mins
Number of Servings: 4
- 1 fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1⁄2 tsp ground cardamom
- 3⁄4 tsp salt
- 1⁄2 tsp black pepper
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1⁄2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup 2% Greek yogurt
- 1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes
How To Make Chicken Tikka Masala
- Combine the ginger, garlic, cardamom, cumin, coriander, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Put half of the ginger mixture into a plastic bag with 1⁄2 cup of the yogurt and the chicken. Squeeze the air out of the bag, seal it, and massage the contents to uniformly spread. Chill for at least 1 hour or up to 8 hours.
- Preheat the broiler. Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the remaining ginger mixture and sauté for about 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes and let them simmer for 10 minutes.
- Lower the heat and stir in the remaining 1⁄2 cup yogurt and let it simmer.
- Remove the chicken from the plastic bag and use a paper towel to wipe the marinade off the chicken. Place the chicken on a baking sheet and place it directly underneath the broiler.
- Broil for about 2 minutes, until the top sides are browned. Turn the chicken and broil for another 2 minutes.
- Let it rest for a few minutes, then chop into large chunks and add to the boiling tomato sauce.
- Simmer for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve over cooked rice