This easy breakfast pizza is so easy to make in the comfort of your home. This recipe is a very good option for breakfast with your family. It can also serve as an appetizer.
This recipe is super amazing, the mozzarella cheese, herbs, and spices adds lots of flavour to this pizza. Invite your friends over and make this pizza, they will definitely come back for more.
Keep reading to know how I made this tasty breakfast pizza.
Number of Servings: 6-8
- 1 pound pizza dough, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- Cooking Spray
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 ounces uncooked breakfast sausage, casings removed
- 4 large eggs
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 cup frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
How To Make Breakfast Pizza
- Preheat the oven. Set a rack in the middle of the oven and set the heat to 375°F. Coat a baking sheet with the cooking spray.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour and cook, stir consistently, until the mixture loses its gloss, for about 1 minute. Mix in 1 cup of the milk and let it boil, whisking consistently for about 3-4 minutes or until it’s thickened. Remove from the heat and whisk in 1/2 cup of the cheddar cheese and salt. Set aside to cool.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Break the sausage into the pan and cook for 5-7 mins or until it turns brown and cooked well. In a bowl, whisk the eggs and the 1/4 cup of milk, and the 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Transfer the cooked sausage to a plate lined with a paper towel. Put the sausage’s fat in the pan and pour in the egg mixture. Scramble the eggs for about 3-4 minutes, until it’s almost cooked through but still moist. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Roll out the pizza dough. Transfer the dough to the sprayed baking sheet. Use a fork to poke holes in the pizza dough. This will stop the dough from getting soaked from the hot cheese sauce.
- Spread the cheese sauce in a thin, even layer on the pizza dough. You might not use all the cheese sauce.
- Sprinkle the sausage on the cheese sauce, accompanied by the hash brown potatoes, and lastly, add the scrambled eggs. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese and the remaining 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese, and scallions.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Let the pizza cool for about 10 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board, slice, and serve.