Making this sweet and heartwarming Cod and Chorizo Stew is a wonderful experience. This one-pot miracle is full of vibrant colours and wonderful flavours.
This Cod and Chorizo Stew recipe brings land and sea together in minutes. Fish and sausage mixed with vegetables and Italian seasoning for a comforting weeknight dinner with the family.
Keep reading to know how I made this tasty recipe.
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cooking Time: 20 mins
Number of Servings: 4
- 200g chorizo, cut into small slices
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 400g tins plum tomatoes, crushed
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- chopped parsley
- 100ml white wine
- freshly ground black pepper
- 750g fish fillets, skin and bones removed
How To Make Cod And Chorizo Stew
- In a saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the chorizo and fry for a few minutes. Add the onion, garlic, and celery and cook gently, stirring continuously, for 12-15 minutes, until the onion is tender.
- Add the white wine and simmer until it has almost all dried. Add the tomatoes and a little salt and pepper, and bring to a boil. Let it boil for about 30 minutes, stirring continuously until it’s rich and thick.
- Then add the fish, roll gently in the sauce, cook for extra five minutes.
- Serve warm
Did you try this recipe? Leave a comment in the comment section below.