This colourful tuna Nicoise salad can be made with your store board ingredients. This french incited tuna salad may pass as one of the healthiest meals you can have.
Tucked inside the leaves are vitamin-filled green beans, cherry tomatoes, and tuna, providing a distinct balance of protein, fibre, and fat in this Nicoise salad recipe.
Read on to know how I made this delicious tuna salad.
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cooking Time: 15 mins
Number of Servings: 2
- 2 whole, raw eggs
- 200g potatoes, scrubbed and halved
- 100g green beans
- 100g lettuce
- 225g tomato, quartered
- 6 fresh basil leaves, thorned
- 25g olives in brine, pitted and drained
- 1 can medium Tuna in brine, drained and flaked
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 medium lemon, juiced
How To Make Tuna Niçoise salad
- Put the eggs in a pot of cold water. Cover and let it boil. Boil for 5-6 minutes, then drain the water and cool under cold water.
- Add the halved potatoes to a pot of water and bring to a boil. Let it boil for 15 minutes adding the green beans for the last 5 minutes. Drain and cool under cold water.
- Cut the lettuce leaves into bits and place them in a bowl. Add the potatoes, tomatoes, green beans, basil, and olives. Stir to mix. Spread the tuna on the salad. Peel and slice the eggs and arrange them on the salad.
- Pour the red wine vinegar, olive oil, and lemon juice in a jar with a screw-on. Harden the lid and shake until combined. Drizzle over the salad.
- Serve warm
Feel free to use the comment section below if you have any contributions to make. Thank you!