Easy pumpkin soup with coconut milk is a delicious meal everyone should try not just for Vegan alone. I definitely think you should try this soup, it is rich, thick and satisfying with many nutritional values.
Prep time: 10mins
Cooking time: 35mins
Total time: 45mins
- 1 bunch coriander (cilantro)
- 1 liter vegetable stock (4 cups)
- 400 ml coconut milk (13.5 oz)
- 1 lemongrass stalk finely chopped or grated
- 1 tbs fresh ginger grated
- 1 tbs Olive Oil
- 1 onion coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 1.5 kg butternut pumpkin peeled and chopped, (3 pounds)
Steps on how to make your easy pumpkin soup with coconut milk.
- First you remove the roots and stalky ends from the coriander. Wash the leaves and dry in a salad spinner or paper towel before roughly chopping. Wash the roots and stalks well to remove any dirt clinging to the roots. Shake off any water and finely chop.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat before adding the onion and garlic. Cook until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add your ginger, lemongrass and coriander roots and stalks. Cook until the stalks become soft before adding the pumpkin.
- Toss the pumpkin in the oil and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and bring to a boil before reducing the heat to lower. Cook for 30 minutes or until the
pumpkin is tender. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Pour the soup into a blender and blend until smooth. Add most of the chopped coriander (cilantro) leaves reserving some to garnish the soup. Blend until the soup is speckled with flecks of green.
- Return to a clean saucepan and add the coconut milk. I like to only add half the milk, reserving the rest for garnish. Serve with shaved coconut, the remaining coriander (cilantro) leaves and chili.
Do you want more delicious recipes?
Subscribe to our newsletter to get more.