Not only is this curried lentil stuffed Peppers made from only 10 plant-based ingredients, but it comes together in less than 60mins and all in the Ninja Foodi. These Curried Lentil Stuffed Peppers are Gluten-Free, Vegan, Healthy and also come together quickly enough to enjoy for a tasty weeknight dinner. The Curried Lentils and Rice combined with the crunchy Cashews and crispy baked Pepper tops make for an all-around delicious, wholesome, and hearty meal.
Prep Time: 10 mins // Cook Time: 30 min
Yield: 4 Servings
- 4 Large Green Bell Peppers
- 1 Yellow Onion, diced
- 8 oz. Baby Bella or Cremini Mushrooms, diced
- 1 cup dry Lentils
- 1 cup dry Brown Rice
- 3 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 ½ tbsp. Salt-Free Curry Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tbsp. Fresh Ginger, minced
- 3/4 cup Raw Cashews, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp. Tamari
How To Make Curried lentil Stuffed Peppers
1. First, wash and prep your vegetables. Remove the core of the Bell Pepper and finely dice the tops. Add all of the ingredients to the pot of the Ninja Foodi, except for the Tamari, Cashews, and cored Peppers; stir well.
2. Close the Pressure lid on the Foodi, and set the pressure release valve to SEAL. Click PRESSURE and set to HIGH, then cook for 15 minutes; press START/STOP to start.
3. When pressure cooking is complete, naturally release the pressure for 10 minutes, then quickly release the remaining pressure by moving the valve to the VENT position. Carefully remove the lid once all of the pressure has released; add the Tamari and Cashews to the pot and stir well, but save some Cashews to top the Peppers with.
4. Equally stuff the mixture into the 4 cored Bell Peppers, and top with the remaining Cashews. Quickly rinse the pot out, place the Peppers within the Cook and Crisp Basket, then place the basket within the pot.
5. Close the crisping lid of the Foodi and select BAKE/ROAST. Set the temperature to 360ºF, and set the time to 15 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin.
6. Once cooking is complete, serve immediately.
Note: Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 7 days.
Follow us on Facebook @Mumedibbles to get updates from my blog.