There is nothing like a warmer, cozier, and comforting than the aroma of a fresh bowl of Ninja Foodi Vegan French Yellow Split Pea Soup Recipe made on a cold winter day with carrots, celery, potatoes, and a smoky Southern Flavor. Add all the ingredients and let the pot do the work.
It gets thick after it cools so you may need to include additional vegetable broth when warming it and you can likewise freeze extra for some other time. Also, you can include diced potatoes or different seasonings to this soup to blend it up.
Prep Time: 10 mins // Cook Time: 5 to 6 hours
- 2 cups yellow split peas (rinsed and picked over)
- 8 cups vegetable broth (low sodium or homemade)
- 1 large sweet onion, or 2 small, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 celery ribs, diced
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 medium potato, chopped (optional)
- 3 tsp Herbs de Provence (or a mix of rosemary, thyme, savory and/or basil)
- 3 small bay leaves
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard (do not use yellow mustard or spicy mustard)
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp Herbamare or salt (or to taste)
How To Make Vegan French Yellow Split Pea Soup
- Firstly, cook on high for 5-6 hours or low for 8-10 hours. On the other hand, you can cook it in a pressure cooker for around 7 minutes.
- At the point when part peas are at wanted delicacy, squash or mix some portion of the soup for a creamier surface.
- Include dijon mustard and mix and season to taste with Herbamare or salt and pepper.
- Best serve with whole wheat bread or over rice.
NOTE: Try to utilize new split peas (which means not ones sitting in your organizer for as far back as a year, and ideally not from a mass container). Utilizing “old” split peas that have experienced different temperatures and stickiness can leave them hard and hard to separate. You’ll realize you had old peas if toward the finish of the cooking time they are still rather hard and flawless.
No measure of cooking will mollify them; you’ll simply wind up consuming the base of the soup to the pot. (I have had this happen commonly from mass split peas) Get a new arrangement of split peas for your soup formula. Since I cooked this in the Ninja a portion of the dampness got away from the hole in the lid at the top, so my soup is extremely thick. If you experience this, you can include somewhat more vegetable broth or water varying for wanted consistency and afterward season to taste.
Kindly subscribe to our newsletter or follow our Facebook @Mumedibbles to get daily updates on our scrumptious recipe.
Have any contribution to make? Use the comment section below. Thank You!