Taking a pre workout snacks before exercise will give you the energy and stamina you needed to fuel your body and get a better result without getting tired easily. Not only that, it drives metabolism by contributing to protein synthesis, the process in which cells build and manufacture proteins. We believe it is better to to eat before embarking on your workout because exercising on an empty stomach can cause dizziness and you know without nutrients you will have little energy and without energy you work will be much more harder than it needs to be.
The truth is, staying energized throughout an entire workout isn’t easy as it sounds. Luckily, a few minor changes in ones diet will do the magic.
NOTE: When choosing your pre workout snacks, have in mind that it should offer you a few things. Which are:
Carbohydrates: Which gives you energy so you don’t run out of steam.
Satiety: So you aren’t starving in 20 mins.
Water: This will keep you from feeling sluggish.
Digestibility: Fast digestibility so nothing lingers you your stomach and weighs you down.
Try some of these healthy and nourishing pre workout snacks for a favorable workout.
1.Greek Yogurt with Blueberries and Granola
Every exercise needs to start off with a full vibe! And these Greek yogurt with blueberries and granola do just that. So Healthy, delicious and yummy! and it will take you just little time to make it.
- 1 cup(s) Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup(s) blueberries
- 3 Tbsp ready to eat granola cereal
- 1-2 tablespoon of honey
- Place the yogurt in a bowl and add the washed berries.
- Top with honey and granola.
- Serve and enjoy!
2. Banana and Almond Smoothie
We discovered that banana is a great option, especially if we’re working out first thing in the morning! It’s the perfect nutritious snack that’s easy to digest and provides just the right amount of fuel for a great workout! Guess what? it easy to make make and you just have about 5 mins to waste.
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 tablespoon nut butter
- 1-2 tablespoons almonds
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- Place all the ingredients in a high power blender and blend at a very high speed until smooth and thick.
- Pour into a glass cup and garnish with roasted almonds.
3. Peaches And Overnight Oats
Running late for workout? These overnight oats will make it easier for you to get out the door in the morning while still having enjoyed a delicious and nutritious breakfast which will provides just the right amount of fuel for a great workout.
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 cup dry rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 peach, cubed
- Mix all the ingredients to a large Mason jar and mix well until fully combined.
- Cover jar and let sit overnight in the refrigerator.
- Warm oatmeal for about one minute in the microwave (if desired).
NOTE: You can add any sort of mix-ins that you like: nuts, nut butters, chia seeds, flax seeds, fresh fruit etc. You can add more or less milk depending on desired consistency.
4. Avocado Toast And Hard Boiled Egg
Avocado Toast And Hard Boiled Egg is a good option loaded with protein, grains, and good fats if you’re hungry for more than a snack. Let me give you a hint, make multiple hard boiled eggs at the beginning of the week and store them in the fridge for quick pre workout Snacks.
- 1 hard boiled egg
- Half an avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 piece whole wheat bread
- Salt and pepper, to garnish
- Red pepper flakes, to garnish
- Peel shell of the hard boiled egg and slice egg into rounds.
- Toast bread. Smash avocado slices onto the toast with a fork and arrange slices of hard boiled egg on top and sprinkle with freshly ground salt and pepper and any other topping of choice.
5. Peanut Butter And Jelly Sandwich
A childhood classic sandwich you didn’t know could get any better. Melty, warm peanut butter and sweet jelly are perfect with a glass of cold milk and that’s the perfect snacks you need to start up your workout and get an optimal result.
- 2 (1/2-inch-thick, 4-by-5-inch-long) slices white sandwich bread
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jam
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Place the bread slices on a work surface and spread the peanut butter on 1 slice of bread and the jam on the other; set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan over medium heat until foaming and add the 2 slices of bread filling-side up and cook until the bottoms are golden brown and the filling is warmed through, about 6 minutes.
- Using a flat spatula, flip 1 slice of bread onto the other to close the sandwich. Transfer to a plate and serve immediately.
Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss any update again and don’t forget to share, you might be helping a friend.
Join us on Facebook today. Click here