This Vegan Mac & Cheese recipe is packed with delicious flavors and protein from the nuts. Using the ninja Foodi allowed me to keep the recipe full of natural flavors. The garlic crumbles on top is simply yum! you wouldn’t want to miss making this.
This warm and comforting Vegan mac & cheese is the food we all crave for in the winter, it’s absolutely going to warm you up during cold days.
This is a simple tip to make a perfect vegan mac & cheese
- It’s important you soak your cashews before you blend them (you can soak overnight or soak them in hot water for 15 minutes before blending). This is because soaking your cashews will give you the creamy consistency you desire for a cashew cheese sauce (instead of a more grainy/chunky sauce which I know you won’t like).
- The nutritional yeast added to this recipe is important. It helps you get that cheesy flavor you are looking for in a vegan cheese sauce.
- It’s also important you have a high-speed blender or a food processor when making this recipe as you would want this sauce to be as creamy as possible. You can use a ninja foodi food processor or any other good blender you have at home to get this job done.
- The vegan cheese sauce is 100% better if you heat your cheese up. So heat it up.
Prep: 10 mins/Cook: 25 mins
- 200g macaroni pasta
- 500ml water
- 1 tsp pink Himalayan salt
For the Cheese Sauce
- 200g raw cashew nuts
- 700ml oat milk (or any dairy-free option)
- 6 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 75g grated vegan cheese
For the Crumb Topping
- 1 1/2 slices of whole wheat bread, toasted
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
How To Make Vegan Mac & Cheese
- First, boil the pasta according to the instructions.
- Using your Nutri ninja blender system and the large cup, place all of the sauce ingredients, not including the grated cheese and blend to create the creamy dairy-free cheese sauce.
- Now, place the pasta and the sauce in the pot of your NINJA FOODI along with the grated cheese and stir very well to ensure all of the ingredients are properly mixed.
- Select BAKE at 180C degrees for 10-15 minutes and select START/STOP to start baking.
- Using the cup of your Nutri ninja blender system again add the toasted bread, oregano, garlic powder, black pepper, salt, and the chia seeds then pulse a few times to create the crumble.
- Spread the crumb over the mac & cheese evenly and select AIR CRISP at 180C degrees for 5-7 minutes to begin.
- After the crumble has finished, serve whilst warm.
kindly subscribe to our newsletter or follow our Facebook @Mumedibbles to get daily updates on our scrumptious recipe.
Have any contribution to make? Use the comment section below. Thank You!