Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
Nutritional Values: Calories 170 K cal, Fat 11 g, Protein 5 g, Carbs 16 g, Fiber 5 g
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- Two 1 1/2-pound heads of broccoli—stalks peeled, heads cut lengthwise into large pieces
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon five-spice powder (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
STEPS TO MAKE YOUR BROCCOLI ORANGE- CHILE OIL RECIPE
- In a heatproof bowl, mix the orange zest and sesame oil together. Heat the vegetable oil over moderate heat in a saucepan. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until golden, for about 3 minutes.
- Add the ginger, crushed red pepper and five-spice powder and cook until fragrant, for about 1 minute. Stir in the orange juice and boil over moderately high heat until reduced by half for about 4 minutes. Stir the orange juice mixture into the zest and season with salt and pepper.
- In a saucepan, steam the broccoli until just tender, about 8 minutes.
- Transfer the steamed broccoli to a warmed platter, spoon the orange-Chile oil on top and serve.
NOTE: You refrigerate the orange-Chile oil for 3 days
We are on Facebook @mumedibbles
Never miss any update again, subscribe to our newsletter to help us serve you better.