Prep: 10 mins/Cook: 23 mins
These Date, Walnut and Banana Muffins are just the perfect way to start the day. Get a batch of these made up, then grab and go on those mornings when you’re in a rush. Free from dairy and eggs, these muffins are gooey in the middle and the walnuts give a lovely crunch on the outside.
The freshly baked smell of these will fill your kitchen with pure deliciousness. I made this scrumptious date walnut and banana Muffins on my ninja foodi, The pressure cooker that crisp.
- 120g whole-wheat flour (use gluten-free if required)
- 50g oats (use gluten-free if required)
- 60g light brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 flax eggs (mix 2 tbs of flaxseed with 4 tbs water and let sit for 10 minutes)
- Pinch salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 bananas (mashed) plus 1 for decorating
- 30ml maple syrup
- 90g pitted dates (soaked in boiling water for 10 minutes and drained)
- 60g chopped walnuts for decorating
- 30ml oat milk (or dairy-free milk of choice)
How To Make Date Walnut And Banana Muffins
- Set Foodi to Bake/Roast and Preheat Foodi to 350°F.
- In the Ninja blitz oats into a fine flour before adding the flour, light brown sugar, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt. Blitz for a few seconds to combine.
- Empty mixture into a mixing bowl, before next adding the drained dates, flax eggs, vanilla extract, 2 mashed bananas, maple syrup and oat milk to the Ninja. Blitz until the mixture has formed into a paste.
- Fold your wet ingredients into the dry, and divide mixture into 7-8 large muffins cases.
- Top with a banana slice and crushed walnuts, and bake in the Foodi for 15-18 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
Join our Facebook community today @Mumedibbles
Use the comment section below to share your thoughts with us.