By now i believe you already know that avocados are loaded with folate, vitamin B, and healthy fats. But what we don’t know is that avocado seeds are nutrient-rich as well. After reading this article today you will never throw away any avocado seed.
Avocados are the favorite fruits of numerous people, but many fail to use all their benefits, as the healthiest parts of them are actually their seeds.
Apparently, these seeds have the highest antioxidant levels than most other fruits and vegetables. Namely, even 70% of all antioxidants in avocados are concentrated in the seeds.
Avocados are abundant in healthy mono-saturated fats which support heart health, and the seeds are rich in amino acids which help you prevent heart attacks and strokes.
Avocado seeds also reduce cholesterol levels, soothe inflammation, and ease swellings in the gastrointestinal tract.
The consumption of the seeds also strengthens the immune system. Avocados are rich in flavonol which prevents common colds and flu. The high levels of catechins and procyanidins, which are powerful anti-inflammatories, treat swellings, soothe joint pain, and reduce stiffness.
Moreover, these seeds have potent anti-cancer properties. The peer-reviewed journal Cancer Research published a study which showed that the avocado seed extract contains a compound known as avocatin B, which prevents acute myeloid leukemia cells.
Furthermore, avocado seeds are beneficial if you like to lose extra weight.
What are the health benefits of eating avocado seeds?
They contain anti-fungal, antibiotic, antimicrobial, insecticidal, larvicidal, amoebicidal, giardicidal, hypolipidemic and antihypertensive properties. Eating avocado seeds also has other valuable health benefits.
1. Helps fight cancer
2. Benefits heart disease patients
3. Digestive benefits
4. Strengthens the immune system
5. Helps reduce wrinkles
Research shows that avocado seed oil can increase collagen in the skin, which reduces the appearance of wrinkles. Avocado seed oil is also used to treat acne flare-ups.
How To safely remove the avocado seed from the avocado:
- Cut the avocado by slicing around the pit in order to cleanly remove the seed.
- Insert your knife tip into the pit, twist, and gently pull.
- Finally, remove the avocado seed from the knife.
- Simply use a grater to finely grate the seed.
- Combine the crushed seed with your favorite smoothie ingredients, such as dates, a banana, and dark leafy green vegetables, like spinach. If you have a high-powered blender, you may not need to grate the seed first, but you will need to add water.
Recipe for the Perfect Avocado Seed Green Goodness Smoothie
- 1/2 avocado seed
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 cup of almond milk or water
- 1 ripe pear
- 1/2 apple
- 1 cup of organic spinach
- 1 small piece of ginger (grated)
- Smash the seed, blend all of the ingredients together until smooth, and enjoy your avocado seed green goddess smoothie!