Vegan Chili Cornbread Crumble Recipe is delicious and it’s made in the ninja foodi just like this Buckwheat Banana Porridge Breakfast. Made with kidney beans, black beans, and a bunch of veggies, it’s warming, hearty, and the kind of meal that will make Non-vegan scream “oh! I can’t believe it’s vegan. Vegan Chili Cornbread Crumble Recipe is very easy to make because apparently all you need is to all your ingredients together in your ninja foodi, press some required button, then wait for some minutes and food is ready.
Prep time: 10 mins // Cook time: 50 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 4 large carrots, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 5 stalks celery, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 3 medium russet potatoes, chopped (about 3 cups)
- 1½ cups cooked (1 15-ounce can rinse and drained) kidney beans
- 1½ cup cooked (1 15-ounce can rinse and drained) black beans
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1-3 tbs chili powder, added to taste
- Optional- cayenne powder, added to taste for spicy chili
- 1 batch Vegan Cornbread Mini Muffin batter (see recipe below)
- Fresh cilantro
- Vegan sour cream
How To Make Vegan Chili Cornbread Crumble Recipe
1. On the Foodi, select SEAR/SAUTE and set to MD: HI. Preheat for 5 minutes.
2. Add the olive oil, onion, and garlic to the pot and cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes, until lightly browned.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients (except the cornbread batter) to the pot.
4. Assemble the pressure lid, making sure the release valve is in the SEAL position. Select PRESSURE and set it to HIGH. Set the time to 15 minutes and select START/STOP to begin.
5. When the pressure cooking is finished, quickly release the valve by moving the pressure release valve to the VENT position. Carefully remove the lid when the unit has finished releasing pressure.
6. Give the chili a quick stir. Use a spoon to dollop about half of the Vegan Cornbread Mini Muffin batter over the top of the chili (see note in Vegan Cornbread recipe about what to do with leftover batter).
7. Close the crisping lid. Select BAKE/ROAST, set the temperature to 375°F, and set the time to12 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin.
8. When the cornbread is finished cooking (it should be golden brown and slightly crispy on top), use a ladle to transfer to bowls and top with vegan sour cream and fresh cilantro.