Hello! I Just made Chicken Enchilada Soup in my Ninja. This is another extremely successful (and simple) meal filled with amazing flavors and is perfect for a chilly, busy day. I did add chili powder, and my hubby and daughter don’t like spicy foods, so I literally only added a dab of the chiles in adobo.
It added just the right amount of smokiness. I added a small dollop of plain Greek yogurt, 3 thin slices of avocado, and a sprinkle of cheddar. So good and filling! Adapted for the Ninja. This recipe can waste your time but if you love a good soup, Chicken Enchilada Soup is worth the time. Perfect for weight watchers.
Chicken Enchilada soup is perfect for busy day because you can multitask (that is doing some other job you have for the day) yourself while making this scrumptious soup.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 5 hours
Total Time: 5hours 15 mins
Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups + cheese
Smart Points: 7 points
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups low sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1-2 tsp chipotle chili in adobo sauce (or more to taste)
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro (plus more for garnish)
- 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 5 oz can petite diced tomatoes
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp chili powder (my addition)
- Salt and pepper to taste (Will change sodium amount)
- 2- 8 oz skinless chicken breasts (16 oz total), each cut into thirds
- ¼ cup chopped scallions, for topping
- ¾ cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- fat-free sour cream or plain Greek yogurt (optional)
How To Make Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Preheat Foodi for about 10 minutes. Add oil to pan and brown chicken on all sides.
- Add onion and sauté until soft, 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and stir just until fragrant; about 30 seconds.
- Slowly add the chicken broth, tomato sauce, beans, diced tomatoes, cumin, chili powder (if using), oregano and chipotles in adobo sauce.
- Cover and turn your Ninja to Slow cook Low for 4-6 hours. (Mine was ready at 4 hours, and the chicken was perfectly fall-apart tender)
- Remove chicken and set aside. Add corn to pot. While corn is heating in the pot, shred chicken with two forks.
- Add back into the pot, adjust spices to taste. Serve in bowls and top with fat-free sour cream, cheese, scallions, and cilantro.
- You can also top with avocado or crushed tortilla chips. Enjoy!
Calories: 260.9, Fat: 6.6 g, Protein: 25.4 g, Carb: 29.9 g, Fiber: 6.7 g, Sugar: 4.1 g, Sodium: 572 mg (without salt)
Share this Recipe, Remember sharing is caring.
Subscribe to our newsletter or follow our Facebook page @Mumedibbles to get updates on our everyday Recipes, health and fitness tips