This Spicy Butternut Squash Soup is the perfect weeknight meal that the whole family will love! Ready before 60 minutes in your ninja foodi. It’s so easy to make and delish.
The only long part of making this spicy butternut squash soup is peeling butternut squash but you can buy already prepared chopped butternut squash at the supermarket. Roast it first to make the peeling easier, as well as intensifies the flavor.
Prep Time: 20 mins // Cook Time: 35 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1-pound butternut squash – peeled, seeded, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder (optional)
- 1 cup vegan heavy whipping cream
How To Make Spicy Butternut Squash Soup
- Turn on Foodi and select the Sauté function. Preheat olive oil and add onion; cook until translucent, about 7 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute extra.
- Combine butternut squash, vegetable broth, brown sugar, salt, ground black pepper, ginger, and curry powder in the pot.
- Close and lock the lid. Click high pressure according to the manufacturer’s instructions and set the timer for 10 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Gently release pressure when the pressure is complete for about 10 minutes. Carefully remove the lid once all of the pressure has released. Blend with an immersion blender until creamy.
- Stir in heavy whipping cream.
Per Serving: 235 calories; 17.5 g fat; 18.7 g carbohydrates; 2.7 g protein; 54 mg cholesterol; 791 mg sodium.
Kindly subscribe to our newsletter or follow our Facebook @Mumedibbles to get daily updates on our scrumptious recipe.
Have any contribution to make? Use the comment section below. Thank You!