Don’t be fooled by the Zucchini Fries appetizer on restaurant menus. It may be veggie based, but it’s a nutritional nightmare. These crispy fries, on the other hand, are what dreams are made of.
Maybe you will also like to try my vegan gluten-free zucchini bread Recipe which your non-vegan friend will be eating every crumb off the plate.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 35 mins
Smart Point: 2
- 14 oz. (about 2 medium) zucchini ends removed
- 1/4 cup egg whites (about 2 large eggs’ worth)
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat panko breadcrumbs
- 3/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- Optional seasonings: additional salt and black pepper
Steps To Make These Crispy Zucchini Fries Recipe
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a large baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Cut zucchini into French-fry-shaped spears.
- Place zucchini spears in a large bowl. Top with egg whites, and flip to coat.
- In a medium-large bowl, mix breadcrumbs with seasonings.
- One at a time, shake zucchini spears to remove excess egg, and lightly coat with breadcrumb mixture.
- Evenly place on the baking sheet, and top with any remaining breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Carefully flip zucchini spears. Bake until lightly browned and crispy, about 10 more minutes.
Mumedibbles Tip: If enjoying these Crispy Zucchini Fries the day after they’re made, heat them in a toaster oven for the crispiest results!
1/2 of recipe (about 20 fries): 114 calories, 1g total fat (0g sat fat), 359mg sodium, 21.5g carbs, 4g fiber, 6.5g sugars, 6.5g protein