7. Jamaican Carrot Soup
This Jamaican version of the classic carrot soup boasts a variety of flavors that will entice every single one of your senses.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 fennel bulbs (2 pounds)—halved lengthwise, cored and cut into 1/2-inch pieces, fronds reserved
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock or canned low-sodium broth
- 1 medium Yukon Gold potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 pound fresh crab-meat, picked over
Heat the oil in a large saucepan until shimmering. Add the fennel pieces and onion, cover and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, about 7 minutes. Add the chicken stock and potato, cover and bring to a boil. Simmer over moderately low heat until the vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
Working in batches, puree the soup in a blender or food processor until smooth. (Alternatively, use an immersion blender to puree the soup.) Return the soup to the saucepan and reheat gently. Season with salt and pepper. Ladle the soup into shallow bowls and mound the crab on top. Garnish with fennel fronds and serve.
9.Butternut Squash Soup with Coconut and Ginger
Happy Thanksgiving in Advance
JOIN US ON FACEBOOK TODAY CLICK HERE
READ ALSO: Tips For The Perfect Thanksgiving Turkey