This Ninja Foodi Sweet Potatoes Lentil Soup is not only delicious, comforting and satisfying but also happens to be vegan! 188 Kcals and 4 Weight Watchers Freestyle SP. If your family loves sweet potatoes, this would definitely be a hit.
Made this Sweet Potatoes Lentil Soup tonight and we loved it. My father who is lukewarm on soups jumped right in and had two bowls of it and declared how good it is. Love using my Ninja Foodi and it is like magic how quickly it comes together.
Prep Time: 10 mins // Cook Time: 37 mins
Smart Point: 4
Servings: 4 serves
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 large celery stalk, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 cup green lentils
- 3/4 lb. sweet potato, peeled & cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 3 1/2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup of water
- 1 (14 oz.) can petite diced tomatoes
- 4 oz. spinach leaves (about 4 cups packed)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
How To Make Sweet Potatoes Lentil Soup
1. Set Foodi to the Sauté setting. Add the 2 tsp olive oil, allow to heat for 30 seconds. Then add the onion and celery, and cook, stirring, until softened about 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in minced garlic, cumin, paprika, salt, and red pepper flakes.
2. Add the lentil, sweet potato, vegetable broth, water, and diced tomatoes, and stir to combine.
3. Set up the pressure lid, making sure the pressure release valve is in the SEAL position. Select PRESSURE and set it to HIGH. Set time to 12 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin.
4. Once the time is expired, wait for 10 minutes, then carefully use the quick release valve (it may sputter a bit) to release the steam. Stir in the spinach until wilted. Season to taste. Serve.
Tips: You can serve with salad and some dunking bread if you like.
Serving: 2Cups | Calories: 187.8kcal | Carbohydrates: 40.8g | Protein: 8.9g | Fat: 2.6g | Saturated Fat: 0.4g | Sodium: 534.2mg | Fiber: 14.2g | Sugar: 7.9g
Kindly subscribe to our newsletter or follow our Facebook @Mumedibbles to get daily updates on our scrumptious recipe.
Have any contribution to make? Use the comment section below. Thank You!